Located in Adelaide’s East End, Algo Más are an established and growing graphic design and communications studio with a reputation for creating effective place and corporate brands, designing meticulous publications and developing functional and mobile friendly websites. Inspired by our corporate values of creativity, integrity, innovation, responsiveness and respect, we’re a hard-working team who are known for our versatility, obsessive attention to detail, and the quality of work we take pride in delivering.
We’re searching for a part-time Finance and Administration Assistant, reporting to our Finance and HR Manager, to manage the day to day financial and administration tasks required of a busy design studio.
This position is a perfect training ground for a 3rd year Accounting student or graduate. It is intended the position will start in early January and will be for approximately 15 hours per week.
YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Accounts Payable Cycle including entering invoices, reconciling to supplier statements and payment;
- Accounts Receivable Cycle including preparing invoices, monthly statements, aging and customer follow up;
- Monthly and annual close and reporting assistance including reconciliations;
- Management of petty cash and banking requirements;
- Front of office activities, meeting and greeting clients and directing calls;
- Office administration including mail, ordering stationery and office supplies, booking events and training activities;
- PA activities in supporting the Management Team;
- Playing your part in implementing our Strategic Plan.
YOUR ESSENTIAL SKILLS INCLUDE
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Good verbal communication skills;
- A hard-working ethic with a can-do attitude;
- Sound accounting knowledge through an appropriate degree qualification, or studying towards a degree, in Accounting. You need to know your debits from your credits!
- A high degree of initiative and a pro-active approach;
- High client service ethic;
- The confidence to work autonomously;
- A desire and willingness to learn about general business operations (the nitty-gritty and profitability!).
YOUR DESIRABLE SKILLS COULD INCLUDE
- AR and AP experience;
- Experience in using Xero accounting software;
- Office administration experience;
- Experience in the service industry, in particular, the communications, advertising, PR or media industry.
- While this is a permanent part-time role Algo Más support flexible working arrangements and are willing to negotiate alternative hours with the right candidate.
Remuneration will be negotiated with successful applicants based on their knowledge, skills and competencies. Salary package includes a professional development budget. Algo Más runs a Profit Participation Plan (PPP) for eligible staff.
THINK YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
Send your resume and a cover letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org right away! Or by COB Friday 14 December 2018. Interviews will begin as soon as we see a resume that excites us.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.