Located in Adelaide’s East End, Algo Más are an established and growing graphic design and communications studio with a reputation for creating effective place and corporate brands, designing meticulous publications and developing functional and mobile friendly websites. Inspired by our corporate values of creativity, integrity, innovation, responsiveness and respect, we’re a hard-working team who are known for our versatility, obsessive attention to detail, and the quality of work we take pride in delivering.
We’re searching for a hands on, full-time Finance and HR Manager to manage the day to day financial and HR tasks required of a busy creative agency with a team of ten. While this is a permanent full-time role we support flexible working arrangements and are willing to negotiate alternative hours with the right candidate.
As part of the management team, reporting to the Managing Director, this position is perfectly placed to contribute to the ongoing growth and future direction of Algo Más.
- Management of Algo Mas’ financial systems and processes, including Xero (General ledger, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Asset Register etc) and Streamtime (Project management and costing
- Cash Flow forecasting and management including any debt and funding requirements
- Management of payroll, expenses and Super including annual reporting requirements
- Monthly and annual close and management reporting
- ATO compliance including monthly BAS preparation and submission
- End of Financial Year preparation (in conjunction with external accountant)
- Forecasting and payment of our Profit Participation Plan (PPP)
- Preparing annual budget, forecasts and monitoring
- Resource & productivity analysis and reporting
- Resource management, hiring and salary packaging
- Manage organisational HR systems and processes including oversight of staff performance and development in conjunction with two Team Leaders, including annual reviews
- Be a key business partner and collectively implement our Strategic Plan
- Other statutory filing commitments including ASIC, RTWSA, Payroll tax etc
While this role currently includes responsibility for all related transactional activities, it is anticipated that the successful candidate will utilise this exposure to immerse themselves in the business activities and drive appropriate resourcing solutions.
YOUR ESSENTIAL SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Sound accounting knowledge through an appropriate degree qualification
- Experience in using Xero accounting software
- Experience in preparing BAS and Annual Reports
- Payroll, AR and AP experience
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- A high degree of initiative and a pro-active approach
- High client service ethic
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A hard-working ethic with a can-do attitude
- The confidence to work autonomously
YOUR DESIRABLE SKILLS COULD INCLUDE:
- CPA/CA certification
- Understanding of HR legislation and best practices
- Staff recruiting and staff management experience
- Experience in a service industry, in particular the communications, advertising, PR or media industry.
- Remuneration will be negotiated with successful applicants based on their knowledge, skills and competencies. Salary package includes a professional development budget. Algo Más runs a Profit Participation Plan (PPP) for eligible staff.
THINK YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
Send your resume and a cover letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org right away! Or by COB Friday 22 March 2019. Interviews will begin as soon as we see a resume that excites us.
If you have questions, or for a confidential chat about the role or Algo Más and our vision, please contact Julie on 8232 2526 or email email@example.com
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.